Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Planning: Lighting!


Lighting has been a lot of fun to scout.  I want the lighting to highlight what should be period charm in the new space, but also add some fun touches of "bling" (it isn't a time capsule home, after all!)  My new buddy Jeff @ downtown Chicago Lightology has been a big help in tracking down some of my on-line finds, and suggesting cost-sensitive alternatives when my eyes are getting larger then the wallet.  That said, lighting has not been a big area for savings - not when polished nickel is on the brain!

Here I'll focus on the fixtures vs. the table/floor lamps - which you'll see when the rooms all come together!

Kitchen:  my first lighting purchase was in the kitchen - I bought the pendants (for the peninsula) on sale at Juliska last June, before I'd closed on the house.  They felt like a steal at less than half off ($275 each):


In the work area - I selected the 17 inch Winslow Pendant, from Lightology - in white (photo in stainless) ($300).  It will hang from a very short lead. 


TBD - whether I can work in this milk glass chandelier over the dining table (Wayfair $450):



Living Room:   There is only one fixture - and it's a showshopper for the center of the room.  (Lightology - $2000)



Foyer/Entry Hall:      There will be three of these lovelies (in polished nickel) in the hall - including one suspended from a long chain in the stairwell (circa $320 - Hudson Valley Lighting):



Top of Stairs:  This cloverleaf Chandler Hudson Valley wasn't budget friendly ($375) but is the only ceiling fixture upstairs:

Laundry Room:  Bright and fun from Troy - the middle fixture ($85):


Powder Room:  Sexy little sconces from Hudson Valley for this black/white room ($150 each):

Upstairs Bathroom:    Elegant old-fashioned sconces (Bradford - Hudson Valley $150 each):


TBD for over the bath - Cyan small sconce ($450) - Candelabra 

The only shame - there were so many great fixtures I couldn't fit into my little Bungalow!  (All links are on the Kim Loutzenhiser Pinterest site.)

No comments:

Post a Comment