Friday, April 25, 2014

Status Update...Moving IN!

Well, it is good to be sitting down for the first time all day.  I worked twelve hour shifts moving things the last two days...a real life stair master...but the hard working team from MK also put in very long days painting, finishing lighting installation, and working on the baseboards.  Everyone, including or especially me, feels under the gun as the BIG movers come on Monday (MK were even working on Easter Sunday, bless their hearts.)  If it feels chaotic now, experience tells me that come Monday, it will be nuts.

There have been eight deliveries (beds, bath curio, furniture, etc.) in the last 48 hours, and last night I was able to sleep in my own bed for the first time in a long time.  I was very nearly sleeping on an air mattress, as evidently white glove delivery of a bed didn't cover assembly...quel surprise.  But, the helpful ladies at Lincoln Park Restoration Hardware came through with a terrific last minute handyman recommendation....Michael at Mensch With a Wrench. http://www.menschwrenchchicago.com.  Very professional, courteous, competent and showed up at six PM to help a girl out at the last minute.  Even cleaned up after himself off the clock.  Thanks, Michael.  I'll be seeing you again.

Tomorrow, living room furniture is delivered, and then I'm taking the afternoon off to see a friend I've not met up with in a long time.   Getting ready for this outing will be interesting, as there aren't any mirrors installed in the house!  My goal is to get out of the way of the MK team so they can do their thing, and also to give every tired muscle a break for a few hours.

I postponed one delivery...there is still a lot of construction and painting and wallpaper to do, and putting white upholstery in a basement full of saws and wood didn't seem a very good idea.

The schedule the next week is finely tuned...movers, upholstery delivery, landscaping, art installation, and furniture repair.   Before and after photos coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment