Sunday, September 22, 2013

Project: Pegboard

Since picking up the keys Friday afternoon, there has been a small whirlwind of activity at The Bungalow - largely concentrated to the garage.

The garage is a shell - solid door, some lighting, but just frame.  Saturday:

  • Home depot dropped off 6 sheets of pegboard ($18 a sheet), paint ($10), free-standing shelving and a few tools I picked out last weekend.   I picked up a new mat at Target for $12. 
  • A handyman came to put up the pegboard (1 hr, 15 mins: $150 install)...I need to learn to do this myself!  Not only was the handyman's time costly, but he didn't share my love of precise right angles.  
  • I painted the pegboard and "pegged" the misc. bits and pieces 
The shelving sits largely empty until I raid the storage unit for the crates I've been storing.  But the pegboard did the trick - getting everything off the floor.  And I got some kudos from my lovely new neighbors. 

Goal for this space:  A bit of flexible organization in the one space in the house that I'll be able to freely access during the renovation.  Ensure that key stuff (rakes, flashlights, brooms, tools, shovel, ladder, etc.) will be accessible and available so I can do the basic maintenance of the home's exterior while interior reno is underway.  

Before:




After:




Feels good to have control over some space in the house!  It was a great 2-hour project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment