Monday, May 12, 2014

Before and After 1: The Powder Room

Over the next couple of weeks, I'll be posting the before and after pics.  We'll start small - with the new little gem of a powder room.  See Planning - The Downstairs Powder Room and Update: The Powder Room Final Selections for background.

Before:  This room was a hot mess.   It featured:

  • Faux painted wainscotting
  • A too-short cheap sink
  • Terra cotta/orangy paint
  • Hand painted little munchkins above the faux wainscoting (which the seller's agent had the gall to call a custom feature)
  • Tiny sconces
  • No window treatments
  • A cheap entry door that hindered access







After:











9 comments:

  1. I love the drama of the black and white bathroom!! Looks fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This room was so easy to do…I knew I wanted wainscoting, and then I found the paper and it all started coming together.

      Delete
  2. love the wallpaper and especially the door!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It made such a difference to replace all the doors on the inside. Wallpaper was found pretty early!

      Delete
  3. Ha! You hated this room from day 1 - wow! What a transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachel, from Hudson, shared the link to your blog yesterday. As I happened to be trapped in an airport for 10 hrs due to the Airport crazy in Chicago, I have now read the whole the thing. You have done amazing work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rebekah – I'm so sorry that you were stuck for so long – you could have come and toured in that time and skipped the big blog read! But thank you for your feedback – it has been a lot of fun. Today the Comcast guy asked me if I was a decorator – he loved the house! Now – if only he could get the DVR to work…more Before and Afters later this week...

      Delete